Hi,
I'm sending this to both newbie and expert, because I'm having such trouble
finding the answer, even from the HP people and the Mandrake support...

I'm trying to install Mdk 7.2 on my HP Pavilion n3410 laptop...
K-6II, 550 Mhz
88 MB RAM
Trident CyberBlade i7 graphics card
Digital 1024x764 lcd display

I've got it installed, but can't get the configuration right for X. The
installation finds a generic monitor 1024x764, finds Trident CyberBlade
(generic), but this doesn't work for me. I try all kinds of resolution
settings with no success. I've also tried several other monitor choices
(Generic lcd 1024x764, Generic lcd 800x600, and several others). Nothing
works. I've tried the "define it yourself" monitor, but have no idea what
the vertical refresh and horizontal refresh rates are for this display (the
HP technical assistance people don't know, either :(

So, I'm stuck w/o any good ideas or things to try. Have any of y'all gotten
Mdk up and running on the HP n3410? If so, what settings did you choose to
get X to work? Or, anyone out there knowledgeable enough to know where to
direct me? Thanks for the help.

PLEASE CC: ME DIRECTLY, AS I'M NOT CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO EITHER LIST! THANKS!

Lance
[EMAIL PROTECTED]