Andy Judge wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can find an article in RAID 1 restoration when hda
> fails?  I can't seem to find anything current.  Thanks
>
> Andy
>
>   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                      Name: message.footer
>    message.footer    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>                  Encoding: 8bit

Search Deja/Google for 'raidhotadd' or is it raidaddhot' can't remember.
That's the 'special word' that will cause a (hopefully) new drive to
rebuild.  I can't remember the syntax, but I believe you have to give it
/dev/md? and /dev/hd?.  Also, you MUST partion the new drive before starting
the rebuild.

Ups, the command should be on your machine if you've got raid running.  Do
a man on it or use --help.

Best

Cokey