Tom,

I did that card still is not seen. Also, change the /etc/modules.conf to both 3c59x
and 3c90x same result.  But I may have a clue
for everyone...

Starting scanning the Turbo linux dos and they had this pci config stuff.  So I found
Mandrakes stuff and made a little
shell(pcistuff).

If you look at the pci.lst file not all utilities report the card in the same manner
perhaps if not being reported correctly it is
not being initialized correctly.  I also realize engineered message from different
folks are not indicative of a problem.  But then
the question is what do the messages mean and where do we find the explanation of the
messages?

Run the shell on your system and send me the results so I may compare it to mine.

echo "LSPCIDRAKE SEES" >pci.lst
lspcidrake >>pci.lst
echo "LSPCI SEES" >>pci.lst
lspci >>pci.lst