> > the file inetd.conf was used before, but it appears that in 7.2
> > Mandrake has moved to an Inet super daemon with a better reputation
> > for security named xinetd.
> >
> > You'll find the configuration files in /etc/xinet.d/
> > There is a configuration file for each service.
> > xinetd gives you many more configuration options than did inetd.
>
> I would like to find out more about xinet, any docs ?
> Which RPM packages contain inetd and xinetd ?
>       "rpm -qa |grep inet"  did not show me anything.

I found inetd in 'netkit-base-0.11-22mdk' with "rpm -qf `which inetd`"
I got xinetd-2.1.8.9pre12-2mdk.i586.rpm from current 7.2 version.
When trying to install xinet*, I get ...
        # rpm -ivh xinet*
error: failed dependencies:
    /etc/init.d is needed by xinetd-2.1.8.9pre12-2mdk

Why is it looking for /etc/init.d instead of /etc/rc.d/init.d
on my LM7.1 system ?    (I see nothing relevant in the changelog).

I am trying to install 'wu-ftpd-2.6.1-7mdk.i586.rpm' which depends on
error: failed dependencies:
        xinetd   is needed by wu-ftpd-2.6.1-7mdk

Trying to install both at the same time still gives the /etc/init.d error.

Thanks... Dan.