You will need to patch your kernel with the reiserFS patch against the
correct kernel source. You can get it from their home page (or search on
freshmeat).

Also, you should consider a few other patches if you are compiling your
own kernel. ide (if you're running udma66 or udma100), usb if you need
it, and at least the openwall security patches.

It might actually be better to compile from Mandrake's source, in which
case you don't have to worry about  patching.

If you look at the changelog for the mandrake kernel, you will realise
that this is not trivial.

Buchan