Title: alleo
Ok, here's my problem, and it's not an easy one.  I just recently bought a 40 gig setup, and decided to throw linux on.  I was having a few probelms, so decided to reinstall it.  The problem comes in here.  I also have Win ME and Win2000 on here, and somehow messed up the bootsector with grub.  Here's how it's set up:

hda1--27.3 gig Windows ME Fat32
hdc1--25 gig Fat32
hdc5--9 gig win2000 ntfs
hdc6--4 gig linux ext2
hdc7--400 mg linux swap

I've had this setup before, but with smaller hard drives.  Because of the size of my forty gig, I can't just install lilo into a boot rcord, pull it into a file with bootpart, and put it into winnt boot loader.  I still haven't figured a way to boot linux without a floppy (my second probelm).

But anyways, back to my first.  The first time around, everything worked fine.  When I reinstalled linux, I decided to try to put the grub boot loader on hdc.  BIG mistake.  Now everything but winnt works (which is what I use most).  My question is is there a way to uninstall grub like there is lilo?  How else can I rebuild the daisy chain in my boot record to boot winnt?

The entry for winnt in boot.ini looks like this (although it doesn't like it anymore):  signature(cf6461ab)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)

Any help any of you gurus could lend would be much appreciated, as I'm going through heck over here trying to get this to work.

Thanks in advance