Submitted 22-Nov-00 by Dovydas Kulvinskas:

>   Another problem which is tricking me, that it calls ISP every 3 min, I
> think that i'm doing nothing, no requests to internet. Could you look through
> the info before, maybe i somewhere made a mistake and it loop's?

Nothing I can see there.  I did read somewhere recently that some service
(CUPS?) was open to the outside and keeping on-demand lines open.  If I'm
correct there should be an update available via MandrakeUpdate for it.

>  Finally where to put line M0L0 to shut up my modem speaker?

I put such things in the script in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/chat-ppp0
after the modem init string and before dialing.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

"Being disintegrated makes me ve-ry an-gry!" <huff, huff>