I think I am on the verge of solving the numlock problem. I am just
wondering about the file /etc/sysconfig/NumLock, mine is empty. in the
numlock script in /etc/X11/xinit.d has this:

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/NumLock -a  -x /usr/X11R6/bin/enable_X11_numlock ]; then
    /usr/X11R6/bin/enable_X11_numlock
fi

# numlock ends here

I tried just making a simple bash script to replace what they had ther
with exec /usr/X11R6/bin/enable_X11_numlock but it didn't work
I'm just wondering about this /etc/sysconfig/NumLock file and what is it
suppose to have in it, what is the -a and -x options after it? My NumLock
file is empty should it be or should it be bash script of some
sort? Because when I run the enable_X11_numlock command it works but I
mean why not just hit the numlock key to do that for god sakes. I want to
get this working for my mom as she is a puter illiterate and often types
away at the numpad before realizing the numlock isn't on otherwise it
really is nothing to me to just hit the numlock key :)

--
Chad Y.
Registered Linux User #195191