Ok, the main issue here is that the two different ways you're calling the box
are generating two different requests in DNS. Say your two machines are part of
the domain 'thisdom.com', when you put in //mybox, it goes to the nameserver
and finds 'mybox.thisdom.com' because the default search domain is the domain
that the computer you're on belongs two (generally, it can be specificly set
otherwise, but usually isn't). Now, when you type in 'www.mybox.com' the
nameserver sees a complete and qualified domain name, plus a host (www at
mybox.com) and tries to go to the internet and find THAT specific website. Now
if you were to put in 'mybox.thisdom.com' you'd probably find the machine you
want, since that's how the line //mybox gets interpreted initially anyways. If
you wanted 'www.mybox.com' to work, you'd have to actually register that domain
(if it was available) and go through all the other loops to get it to point to
the right place.

<EOL>
Tib