If you're doing a fresh installation you have the ability to create
partitions as ReiserFS, although this is not the default behaviour.  I
believe you have to select the "custom" (or "expert") installation type for
the full DiskDrake functionality, otherwise DiskDrake uses some default
partition scheme (without ReiserFS).

> Is this image file hdreiser.img that comes with LM 7.2 meaningful or do
you
> have to patch the kernel?  I tried making a boot disk with that image but
it
> would not read from my cd even though it offered that as a choice, and
> somehow I don't think it enabled the reiserfs option.

The "hdreiser.img" image is only useful if you're going to be installing
from a ReiserFS partition; it would appear to be a drop-in replacement for
the "hd.img", only with ReiserFS support.

Regards,
Tom Howell