I previously used Mandrake 6.0 with no problems. I configured my Rage LT
Pro card as a Mach64 with no clock settings. Now, after attempting to
install 7.2, my system hangs when the machine attempts to start X. It
doesn't actually start the server, and I get a plain, black, empty
screen. I must cold boot.

I have tried the following: reinstall my backup config file. Boot to
text mode and startx to start the X server. Reinstall Mandrake 6.0
(which now hangs in the same place!)
X -probeonly causes the hang to occur, so I assume that it happens
during the probe.

What is going on? What can I do?

Rich Chase