On November 25, 2000 03:39 am, you wrote:
> I have 2 pairs of IDE connections.
> I had installed LM when my drive was connected to the
> first IDE channel. It was referred as hda1.....
>
> Now I changed it to my second channel and now the
> drive is recognized as hde, 'cause of this I am
> getting kernel panic. How do I boot into the system
> and reconfigure the references.

Boot with the Mandrake install disk and fo through an Expert installation
until you get to the drive partitioning section. Press CTRL-ALT-F2 and that
will you to a prompt. Mount your root partition using the command mount -t
<filesystem type> /dev/xxx /mnt. cd to /mnt and then type chroot /mnt. Voila
- you're in your system. You can then mount your boot partition under boot
and fix up your fstab.

-Chris