I used ifconfig and route to set up my eth0 network interface for a
Linksys PCMCIA card.  DrakConf doesn't pick up the card and if I do an
ifup eth0 I get:
Determining IP information for eth0.../sbin/ifup: /sbin/pump: No such
file or directory

I know the eth0 is up because I am connected to the internet and can
ping web servers.

Then, when I reboot my eth0 interface fails to initialize and I have to
manually reconfigure with ifconfig and route.

Is this a problem with the PCMCIA or might I have an initialization
script that hasn't been correctly modified?

TIA,
--Kevin