Hi,

 I've found in the past that Mandrake has shipped the kernel source and
headers
configured for the uni-processor kernel. Then, when you go to use vmware on
an
smp system you get errors installing it about mismatched headers. What you
need
to do is get the .config from /usr/share/doc/kernel-smpxxxxxx/ somewhere in
there
is the config file. Copy it to /usr/src/linux/.config and then do a "make
dep clean; make "