Hi!

I have a range of IP adresses on the internet going from a.b.c.64 to
a.b.c.95.
I have two machines in my DMZ (a.b.c.66 and 68).
All this works without a problem.

The trouble comes when I try to add an IP alias :
Here is the command I use to create it :
  /sbin/ifconfig eth0:1 a.b.c.90 netmask 255.255.255.224 broadcast
a.b.c.95

If I add it to a.b.c.66, everything works fine. I can access my new
address (a.b.c.90) from anywhere.
But if I take out the alias from this card and make the same alias on
the other machine, then I can only access it from the local network (eg
from the DMZ)!! If I try to connect (www, ftp, pop3, ping, anything!) to
a.b.c.90 from anywhere on the internet, it doesn't work! (The server
does not respond).

I checked that it was not a firewalling problem, but all the rules are
set to "ACCEPT". I alsop though that it could be a routing problem (but
then I don't understand why it would have worked when the alias was on
the other machine), or maybe a "promiscuous mode" trouble or something,
but I wasn't able to solve anything.

Can somebody help me?

Thanx.
Flupke