On Monday 04 December 2000 18:29, you wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get a digital joystick running in LM7.2?
>
> Spence

Yes!  I have Micro$oft sidewinder force feedback pro joystick working under
LM7.2.  But force feedback does not work.  I can use all the buttons.  I have
a SoundBlaster Live!.

Here is what I did to get it working.

1. Recompiled the kernel (stock 2.2.17 + patches) to load the joystick and
sidewinder modules.  Enabled sound support.

2. Downloaded the emu10k1 snapshot drivers and compiled them.

3. Added the following lines in /etc/modules.conf
alias char-major-15             joy-sidewinder
alias sound                     emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0              emu10k1
options emu10k1-joy io=0x200
pre-install joy-sidewinder modprobe -k emu10k1-joy

4. Tested the joystick with the command
jstest /dev/js0

Balaji