On Tuesday 05 December 2000 12:11, you wrote:

> > I am running 7.2 on my home system but on my laptop I still have 7.1 and
> kde 1.1.2.
> I am debating upgrading to 7.2 on my laptop but first want to know about
> general
> experiences in, first, upgrading vs dump and clean install.
>
> I bought my 7.2 from cheapbytes (and am hoping that it is 'real' rather
> than a
> partially beta version, like kde-1.95 or some other monster...haven't
> checked yet).
>
> Is it relatively painless to do the upgrade or should I dump and
> reinstall from scratch?
>
> praedor

I also bought the cheapbytes CD set and am very pleased! But being stupid and
thinking if I buy the Wal-Mart 4CD set, I would be adding to the mandrake
coffer. BUT! the cheap bytes installs KDE2, where the wall-mart boxed set
installs KDE2pre <=== honest, I have both packages. Also it is better to dump
and install than upgrade, not only does the upgrade take like 2 light-years
to run, but eventually dies a horrorable death

--
Michael Powell PhD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]