I bought my mdk 7.2 on 2 CD:s from Cheapbytes. The install whent ok. But then
both Gnome and KDE was principly useless. I tried - among other things - to get
kppp and kmail running from the menu and they did not. Then I invoked them from
a terminal (only rxvt worked). I got error messages like 'kppp path was not
found' and 'cannot start Dr Konqi'. I checked that the programs were
installed in the right places. Started with a new install and made a new home
dir in case something old could be in the way. No - same errors and very few
programs could be started. Had the idea to skip Mandrake altogether but
downgraded to mdk 7.1 (in that case the internationalization does not work 100
percent) and is still running RH 7.0. Has anybody tried Cheapbytes CD-roms and
in that case - any clues as to get 7.2 working from my CD:s. I am sitting with
a 56 k modem and downloading the stuff is impossible.

Hans

[EMAIL PROTECTED]