I have built-in sound on my mobo - the ac97, using the snd-card-via686a
modules.  It works fine.  It also worked fine before I made the mistake of
upgrading via new install to Mandrake 7.2.  I guess I should have left it at
90% Mandrake 7.2.  It worked a HELL of a lot better.

I am seriously considering going back to 7.1 at this point.  The way it is
performing is intolerable.  I am even thinking of going back to Redhat which
always served me well.

praedor

--
Against stupidity, even the gods futiliy contend