At 16:55 12/11/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>I have mandrake 7.2, with an ATAPI cd-rw drive on /dev/scd0.  Mounting data
>CDs works without a hitch, but audio CDs will not play.  The players (I've
>tried kscd, grip, and the CD plugin for xmms) can identify the disc, and get
>the right track number and time, but can't play.  Anybody out there know how
>to fix this one?

I think I answered this for somebody else yesterday.
do an  ls-l  on your cdrom
you will find that it is a link to some other filename
and the other name does not have the necessary permissions.
whatever name the file points to (-->) do a chmod on that
file (booted as root, of course) to at least 444.
Best of luck.  --doug