From: "Phil R Lawrence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [expert] can't set video refresh
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:08:48 -0600

I must have a loadstone under my cubicle, because 85Hz refresh rate flickers
horribly.  Fortunately I have a Gateway vx700 monitor, which (along with my
ATI card) does 100Hz @ 1024x768.

Unfortunately, I can't get this setting in mandrake.  My monitor and card
are detected correctly.  XF86Config-4 has the correct ranges for vertical
and horizontal refresh rates.  I ran xf86config by hand and it produced the
same output that is already in XF86Config-4, no additional parameters for
specific refresh rates were evident.  when I startx, however, my monitor
reports it is running at 85Hz.

How can I force this thing to do 100Hz @ 1024x768?

Thanks,
Phil R Lawrence