Hello!

I've been using Mandrake 7.1 for several weeks without any problems.
Suddenly the soundcard, an Ensoniq|ES1371 [AudioPCI-97], stopped working. I didn't
changed anything at the system.
So I started "sndconfig" again, the soundcard was detected, but before the sound
expample is played, the following message apears:

Der folgende Fehler ist beim Ausführen des Programms     x
          x modprobe aufgetreten:                                    x
          x                                                          x
          x Warning: modutils is reading from /etc/modules.conf and  x
          x          ignoring /etc/conf.modules.  The use of         x
          x /etc/conf.modules is deprecated,                         x
          x          please remove /etc/conf.modules as soon as      x
          x possible.  Command                                       x
          x            rm /etc/conf.modules                          x
          x modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0

Removing the file /etc/conf.modules doesn't solve the problem.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks a lot....

bye
Michael