I just got my sound working (thanks to who ever posted their modules.conf file for me)
Now the problem I have is only root has clean sound. If I logout and in as user the
sound is terribly distorted. I have the same options checked in KDE 2.0 on this
clean install of MDK 7.2. The computer is a laptop. Toshiba 2805. As root all sounds
are fine. CD audio, KDE events, even win wav's from 2k partition. As user none
of these play cleanly.

I also have an issue now that since I installed lilo, the machine won't boot.
Actually that may not be entirely correct, as I can't tell. The system has no video
at all upon bootup, unless I use my boot floppy. I really wanted to install GRUB
but it wouldn't install for me for some reason. I used linuxconf to make lilo entries
then ran lilo from console. How can I restore the 2k mbr so I can try again
This will be a good learning experience for future installs.

Any help appreciated,

Brian D. Klar - CVE
OTS
WPAFB