Pumps fine for most people, and is the default in both Red hat and
Mandrake. The only reason dhcpcd became popular as an alternative is
because Red Hat didn't include the man page for pump, and doing things
like cable ISP connections needs this sort of documentation.

They're about the same. I use pump because its in the ifup script.

Mike

Mike MacCana            Support Consultant
          C Y B E R S O U R C E
   Level 9, 140 Queen St Melbourne 3000
Ph : +61 3 9642 5997 Fax: +61 3 9642 5998