Yes, thanks go to John. I posted to linuxprinting.org and got a even
better solution from Till. The WP driver for the Tektronix Phasor 140 is
fully compatible with all the CUPS drivers. Apparently the postscript
passthrough is not colour friendly.

Refer to:
http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001129095531

Dave.