Don,

This may not be helpful but the one thing I discovered about Linux is that
if there is even a hint of hardware problems it does not install nicely and
it's a nightmare to configure. I didn't know I had an I/O problem or bad
memory as the problems were not consistent or persistent, but L-M knew it.
Every piece of software required a forced install. By the time the problems
were resolved I'd installed three new boards, 256 new memory and 4 new video
cards. It is amazing the difference in sys performance now.

Pj