It's been a good discussion. I just thought I might point out your not
really using the term `commercial' correctly [many Open Source folk
don't]. The opposite of Open Source is closed source. The opposite of
commerical is non-commercial.

Mandrake is a commercial Open Source OS -  the commerce occurs in that
Mandrake use their Linux distribution to gain revenue from boxed sets,
consulting, customized development, andd cetification programs.

DB2 is a commercial closed source database.

Powerarchiver [www.powerarchiver.com] is a mostly non-commerical closed
source archiving app.

And many small Open Source apps are non-commerical, like gqview or
similar, though this may change soon.

Personally, I don't care at all whether something is commerical or
otherwise [they're very hard to define anyway]. Open and closed source
are important, but my primary concern is getting the best tool for the
job. That just quite often happens to be the Open Source one.

Mike

Mike MacCana            Support Consultant
          C Y B E R S O U R C E
   Level 9, 140 Queen St Melbourne 3000
Ph : +61 3 9642 5997 Fax: +61 3 9642 5998