J . A . Magallon wrote:

> On 2000.12.20 Rusty Carruth wrote:
> > Bug Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >   Can I use DD to clone the entire hard drive?
> >

> I have used 'cp -a' to clone a full mdk install. The only thing you have
> to do is a boot diskette to boot cloned system the fist time and
> re-run lilo.
>
> --
> Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta

I've been disappointed by several schemes in the past, but just last
night I cloned a system from a 1G HD to a 10G and all seems to be
there. I used the steps in the guide below. I did partition the new
drive so it had the same # of partitions. It gives different ways to
clone and problems. For the record I used the second (ii) method.

http://www.storm.ca/~yan/Hard-Disk-Upgrade.html

Jim Pendley