you can't have / as a reiserfs filesystem. everything else can be. If you go
to the resierfs website, the install docs say so explicitly.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Anton Graham
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 12:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] 2.4 and ReiserFS

Submitted 23-Dec-00 by Reggie Burnett:
> How do I install the 2.4 RPM on a Reiser system and have it work?  When I
> boot, I get a kernel panic trying to mount /

You don't...  ReiserFS is conflicting with something in current 2.4 kernels.
Chmoel is working on it.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Death comes on every passing breeze,
He lurks in every flower;
Each season has its own disease,
Its peril -- every hour.