On 2000.12.23 Simon Cousins wrote:

> In a fit of Xmas Cheer I have installed Helixcode's GNOME over a box running
> a schweet 7.2 system, via the Lynx go-gnome technique.
>
> The GNOME foot menu is now a mess.  Helixcode has created a bunch of
> duplicate and mostly redundant menus.
>
> The mdk MenuDrake sees system menus only.  The Helixcode menu util sees only
> it's menus.  Ne'er the twain shall meet.
>
> So I can go in with vim and edit all menus by hand back to sanity, but if
> any lister had a better (ie, easier) solution, I'd be most appreciative.

Helix Gnome 1.2 is fully included in Mdk 7.2. There can be a couple of
packages not in mdk, but are neglectible. Even some of the packages
are more up to date and bug-safe in mdk 7.2.
Helix Gnome is well suited for old distros like mdk 7.1 or rh 6.2, that
included gnome 1.0, but mdk 7.2 and rh 7.0 include full gnome 1.2
out of the box.

Solution to your problem: do a <rpm -a | grep helix> and rpm -e all
those packages or replace them with the correspondent mdk 7.2
package. Because this can be a mess, I suggest to you to boot in
runlevel 3, deinstall any package named *gnome* or *helix* and
reinstall the same from mdk CDs.

--
J.A. Magallon                                         $> cd pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.2.19-pre3 #1 SMP Fri Dec 22 02:38:17 CET 2000 i686