I'm having trouble configuring an ADSL connection for my home network with
DrakConf. I have two computers and one ADSL modem connected to a hub (AOpen
5-port Ethernet Hub). It would be better if two machines could use the modem
independently.

  I have configured the Internet connection using DrakConf and all the
routing configuration appears to be reset whenever the adsl service is
started. This is no good because those computers cannot reach each other
anymore.  I have to do /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart in order to restore
my routing configuration.

  I put /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart in /etc/rc.local, so I don't have to
run that command manually. It doesn't seem to be the smartest solution, but
it works.

  But the problem is that Mandrake Linux configuration tools don't seem
support sophisticated LAN configurations... Is there a smarter solution that
can be used by people who need point-and-click instructions? I can edit my
start-up scripts, but I know many people who can't...