cdrecord -scanbus will only show CD-R/W devices not CDROM.

----Original Message Follows----
From: john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] /dev/sr0 and IDE Burner problems
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 17:24:11 -0600

I installed Mandrake7.2 from ISO off the net.

I have 2 IDE CDROMS.. one is a CDRW, in most cases with other distros, I
compile the kernel for generic SCSI support and works fine.
I have xcdroast intsalled and I did these commands to make sr0 and sr1,
because niether existed.

shell>mknod /dev/sr1 b 11 1 -m 640 2>/dev/null
shell>mknod /dev/sr0 b 11 0 -m 540 2>/dev/null

/dev shows sr0 and sr1  and my fstab reads as follows, I also symlinked
/dev/sr0 to /dev/cdrom and /dev/sr1 to /dev/cdrom2 respectivley.

/etc/fstab

#####CDROM entry#####

/mnt/sr0  /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev/=dev/sr0 0 0
/mnt/sr1 /mnt/cdrom2 supermount fs=iso9660,dev/=dev/sr1 0 0

####END #####

cdrecrod scanbus only shows the first cdrom, and not the cdrw, though I
know it works cuz I had it working with a SuSE distro. (IF you ask why I
changed it is because I like Mandrake a little bit more).
I am able to mount both cdroms, but even though I have different CD's in
the trays it only shows the first cdrom.

I.E.

shell>mount /mnt/cdrom
shell>cd /mnt/cdrom
shell>ls
shell>file1 file2 file3

shell>mount /mnt/cdrom2
shell>cd /mnt/cdrom2
shell>ls
shell>file1 file2 file3

I also removed the append line for ide-scsi from /etc/lilo.conf and ran
/sbin/lilo

I am running Mandrake7.2 with a compiled kernel 2.2.17

What could I have left out?

Help

Thanks

John Luttrell                                    irc.sparkhaven.com
#linux
President                                        ICQ UIN: 92463110
CLlug - Clarksville Linux Users Group            Clarksville, TN