Hi Mark,

I have LM 7.2 running on a Compaq Armada M700. Installation worked
out of the box, nothing to be painfully configure later. X was set
up as standard at installation time. Sound was recognized and
automatically configured. Only the modem is not working, because
that is a winmodem, but even that one was recognized and advised to
check stuff at linmodems.org... I heard that you can have this
laptop with a pcmcia modem which is hardware-based...

The config:
PIII 700
192 Mbyte RAM
10 GByte hard disk
ATI RAGE Mobility 8 Mbyte
14'' LCD Display
DVD-ROM (also recognized and set up out of the box)

Works O.K. for me.

Viktor