I do not know if this question is OT -- if so, please forgive me.
I had been using xfmail for some time, after migrating to Linux. Now I
find the new version of KMail very stable and reliable, so I'm using
this other program.

The problem: xfmail archives mail making a folder for each category you
want, and mail is stored with numbered files under each directory (e.g.
/home/guido/mail/mandrake/1, /home/guido/mail/mandrake/2 and so on).

Kmail does not use one file for each message, but archives mail using
one "large" file for each category, so there will be only one
directory with "large" files, e.g. /home/guido/Mail/mandrake.

Question: is there a program to merge the old mail files (xfmail
output) with the new ones (kmail output)? or should I write a little
utility do perform this task?

thanks!
guido, italy

E-Mail: Guido Milanese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Vocal Ensemble Ars Antiqua, Genova, Italia
Homepage: http://fly.to/arsantiqua
+ + + + + + NON NOBIS DOMINE + + + + + + +