My experience is that it's useless to install lilo with YaST, I always do it
manually and I've never had any difficulties with the 1024 limit (SuSE 6.3,
6.4 & 7.0).
Please give us some more details on what error messages lilo is giving you.

ei

--
@~~ EagleIce ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~~@
@~~ Running GNU/Linux & KDE ~~@