Hello Experts,

Sorry for intruding, a super newbie, but the newbie list was no help
and nothing in the archives searching for "linux_extended_fix.pl".
I am hoping I gave enough information to get a fix to see my last
partition in Windows with Mandrake 4.72 installed on its on partition.
The script fails, but is PERL is obviously running it.  *Please*, if
you can help, do reply in very plain speech because I barely know my
way around in Linux, but do like what I see so far.  I have spent
some long, long hours trying to find a solution before coming to
you.

I copied the page text below from
http://63.209.80.231/en/heliumlast.php3
And the script below at the bottom of the post.
http://63.209.80.231/drakx/patches/linux_extended_fix.pl

use perl linux_extended_fix.pl on the command line as root

No problem with the above - I have the patch for "damage has already
been done" below in Solution.  My D:\ is there and the same contents
as before Mandrake 4.72 was installed.  It is my last partition that
is not showing up.

Error scenario:
After installation, the second windows partition (drive D:) is no
longer available

When:
During a non-expert installation, with a non-Linux first extended
partition (ie. hda5), diskdrake changes the extended partition
type to "linux extended" (ie. changes hda2 type to 0x85).

Why:
diskdrake tries to use a "linux extended" partition type instead
of a normal "extended" or "windows extended" partion type when
there are only linux extended partitions (which exist mainly to
please Windows). However, it does not take into account the first
extended partition on the drive.

Solution:
Use this patch to fix the problem during installation. If the
damage has already been done, the other solution is to use this
script which fixes the problem on a live system. To run the
patch, use perl linux_extended_fix.pl on the command line as
root.

These are my partitions now, but I am missing what use to be my I:\
drive in Windows.  I can see it in Linux so I know it is there.  One
of the partitions got in between the two CDs, but that is no big
deal.  It was A,C-I and then two CDs.  It was my Windows H:\Drive
that I split to put Linux on the partition that was the one before
the last before I installed Linux - full Mandrake 4.72 load.