civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Civileme,

Thanks for the article, interesting and helpful indeed. At the beginning of
the article you mentioned that the installer feels that it has to overwrite
the old system. Actually I did not experience anything like that. When I
installed a new system (not from cooker, though) I just made a new root
partition, mounted the old /home and /usr/local and the windoze partitions +
the old linux root partition under /mnt/oldlinux. After that I let the
installer to copy everything to the new root partition, and did not install
bootloader (you  can actually make a bootdisk, but you do not even have to).
Then from the old system, just edit menu.lst, put a new title and point it to
the appropriate new root and boot partition (which was the same in my case).
And you can boot the new system from the grub, which was installed when you
put the old system there...

Viktor

> http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001206025807
>
> There you discover how to do it(details).
>
> Civileme

----Viktor Lakics----

Through the Internet:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]