civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Fortunately, I got rattled and was able to make a backup of all the
> > data.  Now the PC won't boot.  It had been having trouble in the boot
> > process, reverting to level 3 and not starting X (as it should have).
> > It was from the command line that I was able to back up my files.  Now,
> > she won't boot, even from the boot floppy.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Some people suggested software fixes.

however, I'm a leaning pretty heavily toward Civileme's judgement
that (after the software problem) you have a hardware failure.

When in the 'boot from boot floppy' process does it fail?

rc

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825