I recently installed Mandrake 7.2 on my new system. It
went quite smoothly apart from the BIOS setup that I needed
to do but didn't do -- I needed to turn off "PNP OS" in the BIOS.
My system uses a GeForce II MX card and Mandrake 7.2
configured it correctly -- in the sense that I could startx and use
KDE without problems.  I am quite happy with Mandrake 7.2
based on my installation experience. My other system uses
Mandrake 7.1 and I plan to upgrade it to Mandrake 7.2 once
I have some time and if I don't come across many problems
with Mandrake 7.2. The following is my system with Mandrake 7.2
running:

PIII 866
256 MB SDRAM
Asus CUSL2-C MB