> Actually what I'm getting looks a lot like the ink tanks are running dry. But
> really they're not. There's plently of ink in them. In Kmail the email
> addresses and URL's are a pastel blue in color, these don't print at all. And

Mark, does it get worse as the print job gets farther along?  This is
the problem I have with CUPS/Netscape and I cant even imagine what
command or lack there of that causes it.  Typically the first page of
a Netscape print looks ok (but isn't as dark as a print from
Explorer/Windows) but as the print continues the text gradually fades
to nothing as though the cartridge is running out of ink.  That's not
the case, however, as a subsequent print from Windows yields nice dark
black text.  Any idea what could possibly cause this?

BTW, I also discovered that I can't get GIMP to print on my system
using CUPS/GIMP-PRINT :-)
Another opportunity to learn I guess.

Cheers --- Larry