On Sunday 07 January 2001 17:24, you wrote:
> The source RPM from cooker most likely already has ALSA, ReiserFS, and
> supermount support, I think. But that's just a hunch. And there's been 2
> Alan Cox versions produced sine then...
>
> Mike

> Mike MacCana          Support Consultant
>           C Y B E R S O U R C E
>    Level 9, 140 Queen St Melbourne 3000
> Ph : +61 3 9642 5997 Fax: +61 3 9642 5998
>
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Jason Straight wrote:
> > You have to apply a patch to the kernel for reiserfs, it's not included
> > yet, supposed to be included by 2.4.1
> >
> > Joshua A Roller wrote:
> > > I comiled a new kernel for my Mandrake 7.2 System and the kernel didnt
> > > have support for reiser FS on my computer. Im not sure if I missed
> > > soemthing or not , but then I installed your kernel devolpment update,
> > > (which I know you do not suport) but the update didnt support the
> > > Reiser FS either. Is there something I can do to change this? Or when
> > > you offer the 2.4 kernel as a normal update will it have support for
> > > reiserFS?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > >  Joshua A. Roller
> > >  Technical Support < [EMAIL PROTECTED] >
> > >  Ka.Net Internet Services  - 502.992.0324

- --
Hi,

        The reiserfs patch is available for the 2.4.0 kernel source at:

ftp://ftp.namesys.com/pub/2.4/linux-2.4.0-reiserfs-3.6.25-patch.gz

        I just used the previous version (3.6.24) and it worked fine.

        My only problem now is trying to get the ADSL connection working.  My file
system works fine as does everything else but my ADSL.

        Oh well, one thing at a time.  Hope this helps. Cheers.

       ___
      (_B_)__
     ~(@ @)~
| "I played before the greatest fans in baseball, the Boston    |
| fans, and I know what you're going to say about that: Old     |
| Teddy Ballgame loved those fans, all right." --- Ted Williams |
| Tony K. Olsen  |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] |