Hi Jelle,

Let's start off by confirming that you have proper
install media, whether that be double checking
self-burnt CDs, or buying some cheap from a place like
linuxcentral.com (all their CDs always worked for me).

Secondly, I wouldn't recommend using Aurora, it always
seems slow and uninformative.  Furthermore, I've
experienced some shutdown/reboot problems with Aurora
hanging.

Now for the install, I always start all my installs
with either Recommended Workstation or Development,
for I like to pick and choose my servers -- a good
idea, unconfigured default servers can create security
holes.

You can go back later and add/remove packages, either
with the install CD update or just a package manager
(rpmdrake).  For some reason going through a custom
install the first time leads things to break, even
being knoweledged of all the packages you need/want
(with dependencies too!).

The root filesystem check sounds like you don't
properly shutdown your system.  Try 'shutdown -h now'
before flipping that power switch.

Hopefully this will help, if I made a mistake or
someone has better info, please correct me!

Al