On Friday 05 January 2001 10:27 pm, you wrote:
> Anyone have any idea what would have killed my logging?
> /var/log/messages, /var/log/kern.log, and a few others are 0 bytes since
> 24 December.

Check your version of the syslog package.  It was updated some time ago
because of a problem with klogd not properly restarting.  Also check the
logrotate scripts (if you are using log rotate).  Sending syslog the -HUP
signal does not properly restart the daemon, you should use
/etc/rc.d/init.d/syslog restart (or just check out that script to see what
the proper signal is).
--
Matthew Micene                     A host is a host from coast to coast,
Systems Development Manager        and no one will talk to a host too close