OK it seems I have gotten myself into a twist that I can not get past.  I
have Mandrake 7.1 installed.  I wanted to use gnome-pilot for my visor, so I
had to download src rpms and recompile with the --enable usb-visor.  This all
went fine and dandy and installed.  So did the devel packages and conduits.
Where I got myself into trouble is with pilot-link.  The stock install puts
pilot-link-0.9.3-15mdk.i586.rpm in.  I figured since I was downloading I
would grab the source rpm for pilot-link-0.9.5-0.3.2mdk.i686.rpm.  It
compiled with no problems and I had shiny new rpm.  When I tried to install
the new rpm with -Uvh, I got some dependancy error (don't recall exact
error).  But with several success's in the day, I pushed my luck and went for
rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs.  The install happened and looked normal.  Well I am
still having problems with gnome-pilot, so I wanted to go to ground zero and
uninstall everything and reinstall. Used kpackage (kde2) to get everything
out, except pilot-link.  It complained of multiple packages.  I looked and
sure enough both pilot-link packages were listed.  To the command line I
went, rpm -e tells me neither package is installed, rpm -i slaps me with
packages installed.  rpm -rebuilddb ran, but didn't fix the deal.  rpm -e
--justdb pilot-link (either version) returns package not installed.

Any thoughts? Ideas? This is basiclly a scream for HELP!

Jerry S.