On  8 Jan, Giannis  Mastrogiorgis wrote:
> Hi list !!!!!
>
> I'am writing you from beautifull greece.
>   I have a problem with my MOTOROLA MC 143450 RDK MODEM.
>    I am calling to an ISP and i can get in i'm writing the username and password and
>i choose PPP protocol for my internet connection . After then i get lots of unknown
>words like "@#%&)&#^$%&^$" and my connection breaks
>
>  H E L P  ! ! !
>  PS  I am using Mandrake 7.0
>

> Thank you for your time
>

>        GREATING FROM   GREECE   !!!!!!!!!

It may be that you require pap or chap authentication, which is different
from login/password authentication. There's a page on the Web that describes
all this in detail for Linux. If you need more info, reply to me and I'll
try to send you the URL tonight.

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
Netergy Networks - Java Center            and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Penguin Power!