I recently upgraded RPM from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 on a Mandrake 7.1
box.
I now get the following error message from Kpackage when I start it from
a term window.

" kpackage: Symbol `rpmTagTable' has different size in shared object,
consider
 re-linking"

It will also freeze-up if I am installing a program like a window
manager that
requires the menu-update. The package will be installed but Kpackage
freezes and
I have to kill it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to re-link or otherwise repair this. I've
checked
the RPM How-To and man pages, browsed the mailing list, etc., and found
no
mentions of "re-linking". Being that Mandrake doesn't use /etc/rpm/rpmrc
as
other distros I figure I better ask here before I make any other
mistakes.

        Thanks for any and all help.
                                                                Woodrow