> But wait until Monday evening...... !!! ......
>
> Major fixes/updates happening this weekend!

This is exciting.  Thanks for the update.

As long as I'm writing here, I thought I'd mention that I've become a
CUPS lover.  It does take a bit of effort to get the proper stuff for
your system.  I had to do some trial and error and I burnt a bunch of
paper and ink in trials.  But any task has costs and benefits.  My
early views were that the efforts would be "paid off" by a clean
replacement for lpd.  What I now see is that was a VERY limited and
incorrect view.  The complete control one gains over color,
saturation, gamma, etc is such a major leap forward that the struggle
is well worth the effort.  Most of the "problems" as it turns out are
due to applications being set up for lpd rather than CUPS, not with
CUPS itself.  I'm sure a lot of you know that but with all the
complaints it's been clear I'm not the only one who didn't completely
understand what was going on.  I may reign supreme, however, in my
ability to "not completely understand" :-)

Cheers --- Larry