I'm interested in upgrading from my current 3.3.6 (which came with LM
7.2), and moving up to the latest X 4.0.2.

1. I'm using a Diamond Viper V770 video board (i.e., Rvia TNT2 chip).
I've heard both - that it doesn't work well (causes slow downs), and
that it works well. :-)

2. If I do decide to upgrade, am I correct in assuming that all I would
need to do is use Mandrake Update, and choose anything that says
"XFree", v4?

2a. Does Xconfigurator still work? Or has it been replaced with a
different config tool?

Michael J. Leone <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Registered Linux user #201348

"Many loads of beer were brought. What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
and dreadful idolatry took place there!"
Baltasar Rusow, Estonia, 16th century