Thu, 18 Jan 2001  19:19:35

I posted this problem on newbie..but results were slim..8-) I hope
there is a socket savvy reader here?

I have a solid PPP connection with My ISP...I can surf the web, I can
download newsgroups with PAN and Netscape.....

I can access the POP3 server with username and password and ask for
mail.....

the mail shows on the KPPP details graph and I can see it downloading
as the bytes in, increases and all looks well
        But the mail does not save into any file using
Kmail,netscapemail or fetchmail?

fetchmail data:
fetchmail: client /server synchronization error while fetching from
postoffice.worldnet.att.net,....
fetchmail: query status =7 (error)........
--------------------------------------
Looks like I rolled a seven?
        Ok what synchronizes the two?      obviously , though the mail
is coming down..the download never closes and saves?

I sometimes get a different error from fetchmail:

        Sig 2 unable to open a socket to receive mail

what can I do to cause a socket to open? I need to get a bucket under
my mail.

Thank you
Olly P