Honestly, the information Chris provided has to be the best and most
thorough answer I've ever seen.  He is also right,  I kept seeing the same
message and the same replies over and over again.

Look,  I don't think you have any right to get angry with him.

And I also think you do need to spend some time reading the documentation.
Or at least reviewing things during install.  During install, you were
asked to verify what Mandrake detected for your RAM.  If the actual amount
was different, you were supposed to type it in there.

Thanks

        - Douglas Adams